Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Warmin' up!



It's been pouring rain here for the last few days - today was the first day where it was actually dry and sunny for a minute. I keep hoping it will clear up a little just so that a) the arena isn't soup, and b) that I can go run the dogs on the back trail without Corgis being coated in mud. Simon has lost a fair amount of weight and toned up, but I'd like to see him do a little more...

I really need to go buy myself a good blower for drying the dogs. I had one, but I left it it back at the kennel when we moved out of that building. Sigh. Anyone out there have a good blower they can recommend at this point? Simon's coat is so thick, drying him is an all day experience without one.

2 comments:

dreameyce said...

Ask Sarah of Hurrikane what she suggests. Whatever dryer she uses on the dogs, I *WANT!* She'd bathe them, then be right back in, with DRY dogs.

I don't have a working dryer now, so play the towel, sit in the bathroom to dry, and then towel again game. Makes baths a HUUUUUUGE chore with 4 dogs!

Shep said...

I ended up with a two-speed Double Kdryer, as suggested by my groomer; she got me a deal on it that I can't refuse, the only deal is that I'm NOT allowed to bathe Riley. XD Riley has to go to her, because he's her special, perfect, boy.

I'm okay with that. I also ended up buying a 42" grooming table, so hopefully, I'll be ready to go after this weekend, whee! Which is good, Caleb cannot stay out of the dam**** pond, and he smells like dead goldfish, which is weird, because all the goldfish are very much alive! ;)